The
University of Denver provides students and faculty access to use the online
webinar tool called Adobe Connect. I am currently taking E-Communications in
the 21st Century, which required students to present twice using the
Adobe Connect feature. Personally, I thought the Adobe Connect application was
very user-friendly. After receiving a training sessions with DU’s IT staff, I
quickly grasped how to raise my hand, share my screen, and share my PowerPoint.
In addition, it was very easy to troubleshoot, check and connect audio, and
understand how the mute features work.
I did
experience some connectivity issues due to my wonderful Internet Service
Provider, CenturyLink. However, during both of my presentations I hard wired
into my Internet connection and the Adobe Connect Sessions worked fabulously.
I really
like the session record feature, which was controlled by the professor. It was
nice to access recorded presentation in the case I was unable to attend a student’s
presentation.
I have used
Go To Meeting, which is a similar application. Truly, these web sharing
applications have developed very user-friendly platforms to make live
presentations.
The
University of Denver should allow students to access and schedule Adobe Connect
sessions. It would give students who take classes online the opportunity to
connect more with their fellow classmates. Overall, Adobe Connect is an excellent
and user-friendly tool.
No comments:
Post a Comment