Ladies
and gentlemen, let the carnival begin. Yes, I am participating in a blog
carnival with fellow classmates from my e-Communications in the 21st
Century course. I read several of my classmate’s blogs, but below I have
highlighted four of my favorite blog posts.
Jamie did an excellent job recapping why businesses today need a social media plan. Social media cannot be used blindly. Particularly, I thought the seven key elements for every social media strategy was informational. Businesses need to consider all seven elements prior to implementing social media channels into their marketing plans.
Great blog post Oludare. Oludare shares the background on Facebook swallowing up Whatsapp in February 2014. Prior to reading this blog post, I had no idea what Whatsapp was? I thought Oludare really seemed to question Mark Zuckerberg’s credibility through his decision to acquire Whatsapp. I wonder if there are features to Whatsapp that enhance Facebook, or will enhance Facebook in the future. I can only imagine that Mark Zuckerberg was thinking big when we acquired Whatsapp. It will be interesting to watch how Whatsapp is integrated into Facebook over time.
Joey does a great job summarizing Klout in his blog post. Klout seems to be an effective tool to measure how successful a business is in the social world, and it allows you to measure social media effectiveness. After all, if you want to get a message out on social media, I do believe you have to be influential. Klout allows you to measure how influential you really are from a 1 to 100 scale. More specifically, I really like that Klout allows you to connect and search on other influencers with similar interests. Great post Joey!
LinkedIn for Windows Phone 8 By Matt Schroeder
I was particularly interested in Matt’s blog post on the LinkedIn application for Windows Phone 8 because I also get annoyed with the LinkedIn application for the iPhone. Matt does a great job identifying annoyances of the LinkedIn application, but his ultimate conclusion is the application lacks as a valuable networking tool. It drives me crazy on the LinkedIn application for iPhone that I cannot see who views my profile, ever. Also, it displays job recommendations for all over the U.S. and I cannot figure out how to change the setting. I agree that LinkedIn needs to get busy making a better mobile application.
I was particularly interested in Matt’s blog post on the LinkedIn application for Windows Phone 8 because I also get annoyed with the LinkedIn application for the iPhone. Matt does a great job identifying annoyances of the LinkedIn application, but his ultimate conclusion is the application lacks as a valuable networking tool. It drives me crazy on the LinkedIn application for iPhone that I cannot see who views my profile, ever. Also, it displays job recommendations for all over the U.S. and I cannot figure out how to change the setting. I agree that LinkedIn needs to get busy making a better mobile application.
That’s a wrap on this blog carnival. It was fun riding with everyone. I learned a ton.
No comments:
Post a Comment